New, ambitious and dynamic, Football Marketing Asia (FMA) is set to be Asia’s leading sports marketing agency.
FMA is the exclusive commercial partner of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) for the rights cycles 2021-2024 and 2025-2028. Our comprehensive mandate covers the rights for all major AFC National Team and Club competitions, including the AFC Asian Qualifiers - Road to Qatar, AFC Asian Cup, AFC Women’s Asian Cup, AFC Women’s Olympic Qualifiers, AFC Champions League, AFC Cup as well as AFC youth and futsal competitions.
Formerly known as DDMC Fortis, FMA – a Super Sports company – is headquartered in Hong Kong S.A.R., with offices in the Middle East, Southeast Asia and China. FMA combines unparalleled global football experience with in-depth Asian know-how and expertise.
FMA strives to disrupt the status quo in football marketing, fan engagement and sponsorship activation to claim market leader status in our industry.
To achieve this objective we have created a unique role for a sports marketing specialist with solid knowledge of AFC football and profound experience in working with local and international brands in the Middle East. A solid background in sponsorship activations, content marketing, digital marketing and event marketing enables the candidate to drive sponsorship value and to deliver sponsorship rights through locally nuanced campaigns across digital and traditional channels.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Activations will play a key role in the planning and execution of our commercial partners’ fan-focused sponsorship activation campaigns. Reporting to our AVP Marketing Activations (who is based in Hong Kong) you will drive the development, planning and implementation of innovative and unique, integrated sponsorship activation concepts for partners in the Middle East and the rest of Asia (excl. China). Your focus will be on growing fans’ awareness of and engagement with our commercial partners’ brands in a meaningful and impactful way, and on elevating fan experience both online and offline.
Via a dotted line you will be reporting to FMA’s Vice President of Partnerships (based in Dubai) and provide occasional support in the area of sponsorship sales and Account Management in the Middle East, Central Asian and South Asia (no direct lead generation or sales function).
The role requires an experienced, pro-active and engaged professional with an excellent understanding of the Middle Eastern market overall and local football consumers in particular, as well as hands-on expertise in developing, planning and executing integrated digital and social media campaigns, on-ground event formats (e.g. Trophy Tours, Fan Zones) and related sponsor activations uniquely resonating with fans in the region. Knowledge of and experience in other markets, particularly Central Asia and South Asia will be a strong benefit. Past exposure to or working experience in markets Southeast Asia, Japan or Korea are a bonus.
The candidate must have a strong proven background in managing multiple major clients as well as sponsorship-driven online and offline marketing projects in an extremely fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities. You will have accumulated such experience working for local or international football properties, sports-focused digital/social media/event activation agencies, sports brands or similar.
Sponsorship Rights Activations (Digital & Social Media)
- Work closely with the AVP Marketing Activations in devising and implementing content-driven, fan-centric digital and social media sponsorship rights activation campaigns
- Coordinate and align competition marketing and sponsorship activation plans and schedules with our internal teams, external agencies in multiple countries and the AFC, with a focus on Middle Eastern and Central & South Asian content and channels
- Ensure content and sponsorship activation campaigns are produced to the highest standards and brand assets are used and applied in accordance with all applicable guidelines
- Ensure sponsorship activation campaigns are published on time to achieve maximum reach and engagement for partners
- Project-manage content productions in the Middle East including coordination of agencies, production crews, football ambassadors, players, influencers and key opinion leaders (KOL) and other relevant stakeholders
Sponsorship Rights Activations (Event Management)
- Support the AVP Partnerships in developing and facilitating sponsor-led on-ground activations involving fans, ambassadors, players etc.
- Help pioneer new ways to activate commercial partner rights and to integrate and promote commercial partners’ brands in corporate events organized by FMA and the AFC
- Help facilitate and coordinate events, trophy tours and on-ground activations in the Middle East with internal teams and designated teams at the AFC, member associations and host nations/cities
- Support the coordination of all logistics related to events and on-ground activations in the Middle East, obtain permits where needed, communicate and synchronize plans and project timelines both internally and externally
- Help coordinate all stakeholders of events, as well as at-venue and away-from-venue activations teams including agencies, freelancers (e.g. videographers, photographers), content creators, influencers, the AFC, member associations, host nations/cities etc. and align with FMA’s Partnerships, Media and Operations teams (where applicable) to ensure thorough planning, preparation and flawless execution
General Marketing & Communications Support
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with digital/social media agencies, event/activation agencies, photography services providers, and ensure all our contracted partners work in sync
- Support our corporate marketing activities, communications/PR agendas and events
- Help create regular and ad hoc performance reports of online and offline campaigns and events
- Provide local language support (Arabic) for content-led campaigns and PR
Sponsorship Sales & Account Management Support
- Support the VP Partnerships in Dubai with day-to-day project management and sponsorship sales (e.g. preparation of sales presentations, desk research)
- Present sponsorship activation concepts to clients and/or their agencies
- Where applicable, work with clients and/or their agencies directly on planning, preparing, implementing and follow-up of online and offline sponsorship activation campaigns
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- You are currently working in a similar role in a football Club, a football Member Association, a leading sports marketing agency, or a sports-focused content/events/activation agency
- 4-8 years of experience in account management of major global brands and in actively developing and implementing integrated online and offline sport marketing campaigns and sponsorship activations
- Expert knowledge of content and digital/social media marketing, and social media platforms (particularly those popular in the Middle East)
- Excellent project management skills (incl. management of content productions and events) and the ability to meet ambitious objectives under pressure
- Expert knowledge of the Middle Eastern region including cultural and geo-political sensitivities, and football teams/players
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Sports, especially Asian football
- Managing online and offline activations and campaigns for global brands
- Engaging fans with top-notch content and events
The candidate we’re looking for:
- Ambitious, proactive, and keen to drive innovation online and offline
- Challenges the status quo. Seeks solutions. Always.
- An experienced professional who ‘gets’ what fans, sponsors, FMA and the AFC need, and who can rapidly translate those needs into clear marketing plans and activations
- Excellent bi-lingual communication skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders at various levels
- A professional who is keen and used to take responsibility for the outcomes of her/his work
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines with competing priorities and constant changes without compromising quality
- Ability to understand and work with demanding stakeholders
- Flexible and keen to take on new/different responsibilities over time
- Must have strong experience in the Middle East (ideally native)
- Ideally had exposure to or worked in other key markets like Southeast Asia, Korea or Japan
- You get work done!
Interested parties please apply with your application letter, resume, current and expected salary, and availability by clicking "Apply "
Applicants who are not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be treated strictly confidential and be used for the purpose of recruitment only. All collected information will be kept on our files for 12 months.
Please read the data privacy notice and answer YES or NO to the last question in the application process.